18 square meters. meters is enough for arranging a comfortable, multi-functional kitchen. The design can embody any ideas: an unusual layout, an extraordinary combination of colors, custom decor. But what to do if in this room it is necessary to accommodate another, equally important area - the living room. The combination of a dining room with a living room is quite common. To equip such an interior is not difficult, if you follow some design tricks. In this article we will explain how to make the design of the kitchen-living room of 18 square meters. m perfect.
Advantages, disadvantages of combining
Any redevelopment should be carefully considered. We need to weigh all the positive, negative aspects of change. The advantages of combining several functional areas into one are quite a few:
- saving square meters. This is especially true for owners of small apartments, large families. By moving the living room, you can free up extra room for children;
- the emergence of additional features in the design. Square meters is enough for an unusual arrangement of furniture, the use of extraordinary decor;
- increase the amount of natural light. Appears "extra" window opening. The room will become lighter, more spacious;
- the ability to do several things at once at the same time. Housewives will be able to easily prepare food, watch their favorite TV series, watch young children.
Not a lot of disadvantages. The main disadvantage of the association is the need to constantly maintain order. Drops of fat, dirt, crumbs will easily penetrate into the living room. Cleaning will have to be done almost daily. Another disadvantage is the presence of an unpleasant smell.
Important nuances of redevelopment
Having conceived global changes in the layout, no need to hurry. You must first obtain official permission from local authorities.
Obtaining permission for redevelopment is a mandatory requirement. In the absence of consent, the property owner will be forced to pay a fine.
In most cases, small redevelopments are allowed. But there are exceptions. Inside the apartment can not be eliminated bearing walls. The consequences of such a decision will be deplorable - the whole house may collapse, people may suffer. Wet rooms cannot be moved either.
The most important thing - you can not connect the living room with a dining room, where a gas oven is installed. If the listed prohibitions do not concern your home personally, you can safely collect papers, get consent, begin dismantling works. To deal with the demolition of the walls should be professionals with proper experience, special equipment.
How to make a design project
After the dismantling works are completed, another stage follows - the creation of a design project. For its self-development, you will need a regular piece of paper, a pencil, a ruler. On a piece of paper you need to transfer the graphic plan of the resulting room, to designate the dimensions.
Next you need to decide on every little thing:
- choose the right style;
- choose high-quality, safe building materials;
- determine the required amount of furniture, appliances;
- mark on the plan the location of functional areas;
- if there is a balcony, consider combining it with a room
- to decide on decorative elements.
On the graphic plan it is necessary to schematically indicate the location of communications, draw the main pieces of furniture and equipment (refrigerator, oven).
The design project is a kind of action plan. The best solution would be to order a project from a professional designer. It will be easier to repair it.
The kitchen-living room of eighteen squares can be decorated in almost any style. In the table we consider the most popular areas, their characteristics, features.
|Provence||Suitable for lovers of rural life, nature, romance. This is a popular French destination, characterized by freshness and ease. The interior uses light textiles, natural materials. Preference is given to putty, cotton, wood, brick. The apron is tiled. Furniture is selected "aged". You can buy wicker chairs. The color scheme is quite light: pink, sand, beige, yellow. The dining table is decorated with fresh wildflowers.|
|High tech||High tech style. It is characterized by functionality, practicality, space. The color scheme is bright. The decoration uses wood, metal, glass. Particular attention is paid to the selection of equipment.|
|English||Combines severity, delicacy, stiffness. British direction is characterized by the decor with the help of photographs, various paintings. For finishing of a floor choose materials of dark color: parquet, a laminate. The walls are often made of solid colors, the furniture is bought with symmetrical lines.|
Having chosen the appropriate style, you need to select the zone in the room. Usually in the kitchen-living room do three:
Each part will have its own set of objects, decor, equipment. The working area is better to have closer to the window. So it will be more convenient to cook.
A sill is used as an additional surface. It is combined with a kitchen set. This practical technique helps to save usable space. Dining should have to eat. It can be distinguished by unusual wallpaper mural on the kitchen theme. The resting place should be the main one, occupying the most place. Its center should be a solid sofa. Nearby you can place a fireplace, TV, coffee table. How to separate all these parts? Consider a brief overview of the easiest ways to zoning.
In the separation of one part of the room from another play a major role pieces of furniture. For separation use: bar, shelves, sofa, table. The choice of subject depends on your own desires, style direction. Bar counter is a great way for a small family. It is usually installed in bachelor apartments. The stand looks stylish, does not take up much space.
Shelving - a good way to divide the room, to organize an intimate zone. Books, cups, various decorative elements can be stored in the shelves. The rack, deployed to the kitchen space, is used to store beautiful dishes, glasses and other utensils.
The easiest way to use the border as a sofa or table. These are central design elements. They unobtrusively denote functional areas, will not clutter the space.
Wall color, type of finish
The color scale, building materials help in zoning. For the living room kitchen, use the following helpful guidelines:
- cooking place, living room should be made out in different colors. These rooms have different functions. The facade of the working part must be practical, resistant to washing. The walls can be decorated with tiles, ordinary paint. The paint can be light, the tile is better to choose with an interesting pattern. In the hall you can glue wallpaper, put decorative plaster. Prefer give light colors: purple, pink, purple, pistachio, beige;
- the tones of the walls of the various parts must be compatible. Compatibility can be checked using a special shade table;
- if you want to make the space more solid, you can apply different shades of the same color.
Floor covering, creating a podium
Different materials for finishing the floor, creating a multi-level base - great ways to divide the space. On the podium decided to place the kitchen. The podium may be small - about ten centimeters. This decision is characteristic of the modern style direction. The main disadvantage of the podium - the trauma. To a multi-level floor will need to get used to.
A safer way is to use different finishing materials. Guest make out with the help of parquet, laminate, carpet. Parquet made of natural wood will suit the classical style. It looks presentable, will serve for decades. In the high-tech room is better to put carpet, laminate. They are distinguished by an affordable price, a wide selection of colors. The kitchen part is better decorated with marble, floor tiles, linoleum. These types of coating are easy to clean from any type of contamination.
Many people underestimate such a thing as a bar counter. This is a functional tabletop for solving several problems at once. It significantly saves square meters. Replacing the standard table, the rack allows you to leave more space in the room. This item is widely used as the boundary of two functional parts. It visually marks the edge without overloading the small kitchen-living room.
When choosing a bar counter, consider:
- the height of the table top. It should be convenient for all members of your family. It is also important to choose comfortable bar stools. Better with the back;
- surface color. It should stand out from the rest of the headset colors. The ideal solution would be a black surface;
- structural reliability. Its design should be sturdy, stable.
If you wish to preserve the intimacy of the situation in the guest room, you can build a sliding partition. The partition is installed on special rollers. It can be closed, opened at any time. Sliding designs are made to order. They are relatively inexpensive. The design will replace the usual wall, will make the interior much more interesting.
In the manufacture of sliding structures can be used different materials: glass, wood, fabric. Glass partitions fit the modern directions of design. They let in natural light, look airy. On the glass, you can apply a pattern, ornament, various techniques. The disadvantages of glass are its relative fragility, high price, and propensity for rapid contamination. Wooden, fabric partitions are harder to damage. They will serve for years.
Split Level Lighting
Visually demarcate the site can be an ordinary light, installing multi-level ceiling. Designer ceiling will make the interior unusual, more comfortable to use.
Illumination can be turned on pointwise. Stretch multilevel ceiling has a lot of advantages:
- Reliable protection against flooding, roof leaks. The film will protect the new repair from water. Most importantly - do not try to release the water yourself. Can damage the film.
- A wide selection of colors. The ceiling can be monophonic, with an unusual effect, ornament. You can make it two-color. Model options mass.
- The ability to install spotlights. Mounting light is fairly simple. You can install lamps of varying intensity.
- Quick installation. Professionals install similar designs in one day.
The location of the kitchen, equipment appliances
Kitchen-living room should be comfortable. Therefore, it is important to correctly position the equipment, kitchen set. There are several accommodation options:
- linear. The easiest arrangement. Suitable for owners of narrow rooms. All items are placed along one wall. In the center there is enough space for a full dining table. The sofa is placed in a free place, a little to the side;
- angular. A great option for planning with the wrong shape of the room. The set is installed in the corner near the window opening. You can use the window sill. At the other end of the kitchen-living room organize a place of rest, in the middle - set the table, chairs;
- p-shaped. This method is used in rectangular rooms. Furniture put the letter P. In the middle you can put the rack, dining table. At the other end they put a comfortable sofa, a TV, a coffee table;
- insular. This is the original layout method. However, for him the area may not be enough. In this case, it is worth contacting professional designers. They will create the right project, tailored to the characteristics of a particular apartment.
The interior of the kitchen-living room will not be complete without decorative elements, various trifles, final touches. You can start to decorate with the workplace. To do this, it is enough to purchase beautiful kitchen utensils, pot holders, towels, unusual spice jars.
Textiles should be of high quality, easy to absorb moisture. Spice jars can be put on a small shelf, close to the work surface.
A beautiful still life decorates a place to eat. There you can also put bright pads on the chairs, cover the table with an original tablecloth. All elements must be designed in a similar color scheme. Near the sofa you can put a statue, a design with live plants.
As you can see, creating an attractive interior room is quite simple, knowing certain design tricks. A competent zoning, a deliberate approach to the choice of furniture, bright decor will create a cozy, ergonomic kitchen-living room, even a small area.